Saturday, February 16, 2008

Promises, Promises

The Democratic Primary is coming up here in Texas and every time I turn on the TV or radio, I'm hearing Barack Obama outlining his promises. Not a word from Clinton, and the pundits keep predicting she needs to win in Texas just to have a chance at the nomination. Frankly, I've always thought it more likely we'd have a black president before we had a woman president. Sorry to my friends who are flag-waving Hillary fans.

Anyway, I'm listening to these fantastic things Obama wants to do as president--affordable healthcare for everyone, tax breaks for the middle class, closing the tax loopholes big business is always taking advantage of, giving tax breaks to companies who are keeping their business in America instead of outsourcing their labor to foreign countries. Sounds great, doesn't it? He believes the best way to help America is to fix Washington, DC. Whoo hoo! Someone with the right ideas!! Makes me want to vote for Jimmy Stewart--sorry--Obama. But this Utopia he's selling would have to make its way through the shark-infested waters of Congress and the Senate. Hate to say it, but there's no way those ideas would make it intact. They'll either be defeated, chopped up, or bloated with so many addendums that they divert money to other pet causes. Actions are going to speak louder than words for whomever wins the election.

And for the record, I'd rather have a Dem in office than a Republican, but somedays I start wondering what Mickey Mouse's political leanings are.

UPDATE: As of Monday morning I have seen ONE Hillary Clinton ad on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment