Monday, November 3, 2008

I Can See the Finish Line from My House!

Just one more day, Dear Lord, and it will all be over. All the votes will have been cast, the numbers tallied, the pundits will have had their say (and over on Fox News, they will be trying to find some accounts of voter fraud to embellish and make "truth"), and come Wednesday morning we can all move on with our lives. (Although, Tuesday night there will likely be less bowling for us than there is trying to get election results on our cell phones.)

Oh what a relief that will be. Finally I will be able to have conversations with Republican-leaning people without forcing back the need to tell them how wrong-headed their thinking is.

And if you can't make it through the next two days without shoring up your reasoning for voting against the Republican party, Huffington Post has an extremely well-written and well thought-out piece by John Cusack.

And by the way, I'm not just voting for Barack. I'm voting straight Democratic ticket because I don't want that good ol' boy fuckwit John Cornyn representing me in the Senate. He doesn't even have the balls to say he's a Republican in his TV ads! Not that I'm much happier with Rick Noriega, but let's face it--that particular race is nothing more than a choice between a douche and a turd sandwich. (Yes, perhaps I do watch a little too much South Park!)

No comments:

Post a Comment