Monday, December 1, 2008

Things You Don't Know About Me (And Probably Didn't Want To)

It could be the cough medicine, but I thought I'd treat you to a few little-known facts about this blogger. This list might make you decide to read elsewhere, or accidentally give you a chuckle.

In no particular order:

  • I won't eat tomatoes unless they are pounded into some form of sauce and served on pizza or spaghetti.
  • I prefer MySpace to Facebook.
  • I own almost every Paul Walker movie.
  • I own all 10 seasons of "Stargate SG-1," plus the books based on the series.
  • Calling me a bitch is actually a term of endearment.
  • I dislike people in general.
  • I think "frell" is a great fake curse word. So is "flubber" and "fudge nuggets."
  • I own Popeye on DVD.
  • My nephew is the greatest kid in the world.
  • I can't stand text message shorthand. (It's "are you" not "ru"!!!!)
  • I do crossword puzzles in pen.
  • I still like to watch "Family Matters" reruns.
  • I once worked for the Texas Rangers Baseball Club (post-Bush).
  • My Keith Urban Fan Club number is 425.
  • The nail on my right pinky finger grows crooked.
  • Wal-Mart gives me anxiety attacks.
  • I hate dating. I especially hate it when someone says "You have to meet..."
  • I was once a "Robotech" fan club member. (In junior high--it was that or wearing parachute pants.)
  • I used to edit college textbooks.
  • I am a dork. I revel in my dorkness.
  • I can't stand people who can't spell.
  • I hate Match.com thanks to the aforementioned spelling issues. Sorry guys, I won't date you if your emails look like they were written by a monkey.
  • I have OCD.
  • The worst dating advice I ever got was to not let guys know how smart I am. (However, no one's ever told me not to let them know how much of a bitch I can be!)
  • I am the only member of my family who will admit to being a Democrat.
  • I once had a pet pig named Grumpy.
  • When I was four I liked to pretend I was Huckleberry Finn.
  • I played with a black baby doll named Drew when I was little.
  • I've consumed so many fluids today that I have to pee whenever I cough. Excuse me.

3 comments:

  1. "Calling me a bitch is actually a term of endearment."

    That's how I feel about it. Yet a guy calling me "Sweetie" makes me want to swing!! (a punch, not go swinging on a swing-set.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it is even worse when it's a woman who you work with that calls other women "Sweetie". Oooooh, that really gets my blood boiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart, funny, nerdy girls make me happy. Especially when they're Democrats and own the entire run of Stargate SG-1!

    (I'm not hitting on you, please understand. But if I ever do find myself single again, I'm totally going to come a-courtin' ;-)

    ReplyDelete