Friday, January 16, 2009

It's Only... Six More Hours Until the Weekend!

I woke up feeling pretty good this morning (Hot and sweating, thanks to the pile of furrballs, but otherwise good.)

I got up early, ate some breakfast, fed Turtle breakfast in bed (yeah, spoiled, I know, but it's easier to feed him in the bedroom where I can lock Sam out.) The old cat actually polished it all off, which makes me think he's not actually on his last leg, although those legs are getting pretty skinny. He's 17 now and with just the one good eye, he's needing a lot more TLC. Plus, he's just not handling the cold weather very well at all. So if it takes feeding him from a plate on the bed every day in order to get him to eat while Sam tries to shred the doorframe, then that's what I'll do. I will have to draw the line when he demands the newspaper and remote, though.

I got to work and immediately sank back into the funk that had overtaken me before I threw in the towel yesterday. This would be thanks to a voicemail from someone who thinks I need a primer in what is going on every time she contacts me. Slamming the phone really didn't help. I just can't understand how someone can be so stupid as to think I'm that stupid!

Anyway, whatever. Deep breaths and go to my happy place. I am deliberately not responding to the phone call until later today. For now, it's crossword puzzle time and counting down to lunch. Thank goodness it really is Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment