Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Am a DIY Queen!

Congratulate me while I try not to strain arm patting myself on the back.

This evening I installed my brand new dishwasher all by myself. Despite Jake's attempts to assist. (Right now he's chewing on my laptop!) In the two hours it took me to complete the job, I spent the majority of it moving him out of the way and trying to convince him that plumbing is not his strong suit. He got locked in the bedroom finally when, as I was lying in the floor trying to attach the water hose underneath the dishwasher, he walked up to my face and bit me on the lips! He latched on like a badger and wouldn't let go. Now, I admit that I wouldn't mind looking like Angelina Jolie, but this is not the way to go. Thankfully he didn't break the skin, but my lips swelled up like I'd been stung by a bee.

Once I slammed the bedroom door with him on the other side, I finally managed to get the dishwasher installed in peace and ran a load of dishes. Aaahh, clean plates and silverware. Not to mention the quiet. My old dishwasher was so loud I had to leave the house when it was on. This one can barely be heard outside the kitchen. Love it!

Thankfully the lip bite was my only injury. I didn't electrocute myself, nor did I cause a flood. The thing is even level (finally.) Jake helped make up for his perfidy by sleeping in my arms while I watched Role Models. Then he and Sam played chase through the living room and leapt over my head several times when they raced over the couch.

Was it just last week that things were quiet around here?

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I remember when I got my dining room set and had to put it together with the aid of two little furry "helpers." One has grown out of that helpful mode. I can't say the same for the other who tried to help me paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy walked around for a few days with a red "mustache" when he tried to help me paint the doorframe.

    ReplyDelete