Monday, September 21, 2009

Misadventures in Ornithology

So Bec and I are headed for lunch today, driving down Morse, discussing the possibilities of what species a certain flower could be when all of a sudden I see something on the other side of the street.

"Look! It's a turkey!"

Um, no.

It was a buzzard. I could argue that technically it was a turkey buzzard, but that won't fly (neither will turkeys--LOL!)

From my perspective, it looked like a female turkey, much more slender than that steroided hulk tom turkey. They're the same color and that damned red wattle turkeys have come close to that nasty red head buzzards have. But I guess as a country girl who once had a pet turkey, I probably should have known better. Fine.

This did, of course, lead our discussion to one of TV's greatest moments: "WKRP in Cincinnati's" infamous turkey promotion. Which I was able to quote far too many lines from....

No comments:

Post a Comment