Sunday, March 16, 2008

Save the Planet... It's the Only One with Chocolate

So, I had a conversation with my aunt yesterday that traveled this route:

As we were leaving the dollar store, I handed her a bag with a gallon jug of water in it.
Me: Why do they insist on wasting plastic bags on something that already has a handle?
My Aunt: *sigh* Just don't worry about it.
Me: Don't they know that by not using them in such situations they can have a positive impact on the environment?
My Aunt: Don't sweat the small stuff.
Me: *exasperated, throws hands up in the air.* (Honestly, how can you argue with a brick wall who refuses to see that this "small stuff" adds up?)

We drive back to her house. She starts complaining about the way her neighbor trimmed his trees.
Me: They're his trees.
My Aunt: He could have at least trimmed them to look better!
Me: "Don't sweat the small stuff." heeheeheehee

I keep warning her that whenever she says stuff like "don't sweat the small stuff" or "just get over it" to me I'm going remember it and send it back her way. Why should I allow her to dismiss my feelings when she harps to me about things, as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment