Friday, October 24, 2008

Good Reason to STAY HOME!

Australia would be an intriguing place to visit, yes?

Not if you are scared of things that could kill you, like the numerous species of world's deadliest everything they have down there!

Still, you could look past all of that, right? I mean, look at the scenery, the history, the people, the accents, the exchange rate!

Yeah, but, you really can't swim because of those tiny little jellyfish the size of peanuts that can KILL YOU! And you can't really go for a hike because of the deadly snakes. How about a fishing trip upriver? Only if you want to get eaten by giant crocs! CRIKEY!!

So what's left? If the wildlife doesn't get you, the sunshine and desert will. Why not just stay in town and sit in the shade?

Evidently that's not even safe. Just read this article about the giant spider who ate a bird!

That's enough to make me hide from it here in the States! I have this rather irrational (according to some in my family) fear of spiders. If that Australian nightmare showed up at my house, I would have to move. And anything in the vicinity of it would be left behind.

I've entertained the neighbors more than once with my spider dance whenever I've unknowingly walked into a web. If a spider comes anywhere near me, I will not rest until it is D-E-A-D dead. I once woke up in the middle of the night with a spider crawling on me. It wasn't really much bigger than a fly, but once I had smashed it to smithereens, I found I couldn't sleep in my bed for a week! And don't even talk to me about watching Arachnophobia. There's no way. That movie is scarier to me than anything out there. And yes, I have seen it. At least until one of the knuckleheads I was watching it with decided to tickle my arm and scare the bejesus out of me.

Just the thought of things... crawling... on.. me! Aaaaauuuuugggghhhhh!!!!!!! Just typing this post is enough to make me need to break out my Xanax stash. *think happy thoughts* *think happy thoughts*

No comments:

Post a Comment