Friday, October 31, 2008

Strange Times in Texas

It's Halloween, yet it feels more like April Fool's.

So far today we've had an earthquake (actually 2--a 2.6 and a 3)

Some of our carriers delivered yesterday's paper instead of today's (Hey! It's Deja vu all over again!)

The University of Texas released a poll stating that 23% of Texans still believe Obama is a Muslim (to be fair, they only called 550 people--75% of those 23%ers are probably members of my family.)

And evidently I have employed Mimi Bobeck, Sarah Palin, and Amy Winehouse to answer phones. (Guess they should be glad I'm a liberal--who else would overlook Mimi's bitchiness, Amy's drunkeness, and Sarah's ineptitude?) Yes, I allowed my people to dress for the holiday. Well, not so much "allowed" as "run over by them."

What's my costume, you ask? Apathetic Gen-Xer. But hey, my "This is my costume" t-shirt glows in the dark!

It's the last day for early voting! Get out there and exercise one of the few freedoms Bush and Cheney have left us.

No comments:

Post a Comment