Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Sunday it was 78 degrees. Monday it was in the twenties. Right now it's 25 degrees and they're predicting drizzle. Winter has come to Texas. Of course, tomorrow it's predicted to be in the fifties. Is it any wonder I can't get this cough to go away?

This morning I woke up early to find out what the weather was and what the street conditions were. For those of you "up north", we Texans are completely unable to drive on icy streets. Businesses and schools shut down and we residents scurry home and hide at the first sign of flurries. Everything was clear in our area, so I had to encourage my poor car to fire up and head out.

Tommy was stretched out on the bed while I was getting dressed. He looked up at me and gave me the crankiest meow. I scratched him on his head and told him it was all right, he could stay home today and I'd go to work. He just rolled over and shut his eyes to go back to sleep. Oh, to change places with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment