Monday, May 18, 2009

I Love to Dance a Little Sidestep

I went wild Saturday night and went to see the Beach Boys with my parents and my aunt. Yeah, I know--Slow down there, Sister! LOL!! I have been going to see them since I was a little girl, but this was the first time I'd seen them since the split (Mike and Bruce together and Al went his own way.) My parents recall their music as being a part of their dating life. Apparently "Barbara Ann" was big at the skating rink!

On the drive home, my aunt and I somehow got on the subject of politicians. Not politics, mind you. We're too far opposite to have a decent conversation. She pretty much thinks I'm a crazy liberal, but she's the one with more gay friends and a strong affinity for Wayans Brothers movies. Whatever. We just can't seem to see eye to eye even when we happen to be on the same side so it's best just to not bring it up.

Anyway, we started talking about this clip from The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas and I thought I'd share. One thing she and I do agree on is that the majority of politicians talk a lot while saying nothing at all. And the fact that we're both fans of this movie led us to recall Charles Durning's Oscar-nominated performance as the governor of Texas. Too bad Rick Perry can't dance this well! (And yes, that is the recently departed Dom Deluise in a bad wig.)

No comments:

Post a Comment