Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm Melting!

It is so frickin' hot here in Texas I've melted into a puddle of sweat. The humidity makes it feel like you're breathing through a hot, wet towel.

I snuck out early yesterday morning to get the lawn mowed before the flaming ball of death rose too high in the sky and fried me in my tracks. There was no time to waste. I finished the front yard in 15 minutes, rolled the mower back onto the patio and was stripped down to my skivvies in front of the fan before Spongebob came on.

Even the boys are forgoing any trips outside for fear of turning into kitty jerky inside their fur coats. All three can be found sprawled across the tile floor, only moving when their chosen spot heats up to body temp. After going out to the grocery store in 103 degree temperature yesterday, I was ready to join them.

This week the temp's are only predicted to be in the mid to upper 90s. Ooohhh! A cold front!

No comments:

Post a Comment