Friday, July 3, 2009

These Shoes Weren't Made For Walking

I broke down and bought a new pair of Reebok's yesterday.

My old ones are at least 8 years old and while comfy and broken in, they're looking pretty disreputable and deep-down grungy that no amount of laundering will get rid of.

So I headed to TJ Maxx and shopped around. I've been a loyal Reebok customer for years (although not a frequent shopper, obviously) but I tried on some New Balance and Asics running shoes as well. Nothing fit as well as the Reeboks.

So I bought the cute ones with pink trim. I wanted to make sure I can be seen when walking around the neighborhood in the evenings. I wore them last night on my walk and got home to find small blisters on the back of both heels. Dang.

Wore them again tonight and while I felt some rubbing on my right foot, it didn't really hurt. So imagine my surprise when I kicked off my shoes and saw a bright red patch of blood on the back of my sock. And inside my shoe.


Need to head back to Wal-Mart for band-aids. And I think I'll wear my old shoes.

1 comment:

  1. I go for adidas. I have a beat up pair that I wear for grocery shopping, gardening, etc. Then I have two others for working out. One pair is the bouncy type. They also accommodate my wide feet.

    ReplyDelete