Sunday, January 11, 2009

I Can't Breathe in These Pants

OK, it's a new year, and I can't deny the fact that I've dragged something into this one that I would happily have left behind in the last one--a fat ass. And fat thighs, not to mention the belly. A veritable farm--nay, plantation--of cellulite has sprung up down there. I now weigh 30 pounds more than I would like. I've outgrown my underwear and I saw a picture of myself with extra chins. Ick.

So what am I going to do about it? I'd like to ditch my size 10s and get back to those sixes that are hanging about in my closet taking up space and taunting me.

I'd like to say that I'm going to start exercising and eating right. But that's the same thing everyone else is saying right now, aren't they? Let's face it, I've still got a buttload of chocolate and popcorn (Oh, Dale and Thomas! You're goodies aren't good for me!) from the holiday waiting to be consumed. Should I chunk it all and let my OCD spin out of control at the thought of all the money I just dumped in the trash, or should I consume it and move on from there? Neither's a good plan.

Can I say that I've been eating more? No. In fact, I've cut back on going out to eat. What's happened is stress, too many hours sitting at my computer, and lack of exercise. And of course, too many excuses to not exercise and eat better. Shame, shame on me.

So, Becci and I were talking on Friday. We're both unhappy with the state of our midsections. What we're going to do is go back to bowling every day during our lunch hour. It will help us exercise as well as help our scores. I promise to actually use the Leg Magic machine I got at Christmas, and take more walks as the weather permits. (OK, that "weather permits" part is vague--I could opt out of that one too easily, like today when it's 34 degrees out there.)

I'm thinking of doing the Bridget Jones Diary method--keeping a written log of what I eat. Right now I'd be too embarrassed to post such a thing online. But maybe I need to. The shame alone would help motivate me, right? If I'm craving a hamburger and large fries, I should stop and consider--how would this look on the blog? The shame would hopefully lead me back to the salad bar.

Well, I'll let you know how it goes. Or you just might start getting a peek at my daily menu. Prep yourselves--it won't be pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment